Dr. Gomez is a Licensed Psychiatrist who is passionate about helping adults navigate mental health conditions to live a meaningful life.
She provides psychiatric evaluations and ongoing treatment through psychotherapy and psychopharmacology (prescribing medications). Dr. Gomez believes in a holistic approach to treatment and maintains that medication is most effective when it is considered as an adjunct to psychotherapy and supported by an active lifestyle, healthy relationships and a nutrition rich diet.
She strongly recommends (and is able to provide or refer for) counseling for any patient who is also taking any psychiatric medication.
Dr. Gomez is skilled in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. She comes from the perspective that people are doing the best they can with the resources they have and are capable of incredible positive change with the right support and retraining.
Certifications & Affiliations
- Licensed Doctor of Medicine, State of Oregon Medical Board
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology – Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry
- APA and OPPA Member
- Psychiatry Residency, Samaritan Health Services, Corvallis, OR
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Miramar, FL
- BS, Saint Martin’s University, Lacey, WA